Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 7.26.17
July 26, 2017
- The month of June is set apart for devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The devotion consists in the divine worship of the human heart of Christ, which is united to His divinity and which is a symbol of His love for us. The aim of the devotion is to make our Lord king over our hearts by prompting them to return love to Him (especially through an act of consecration by which we offer to the Heart of Jesus both ourselves and all that belongs to us) and to make reparation for our ingratitude to God.MEMORARE TO THE SACRED HEART Remember, O most sweet Jesus, that no one who has had recourse to Thy Sacred Heart, implored its help, or sought it mercy was ever abandoned. Encouraged with confidence, O tenderest of hearts, we present ourselves before Thee, crushes beneath the weight of our sins. In our misery, O Sacred Heart of Jesus, despise not our simple prayers, but mercifully grant our requests. Amen.
- The Christmas Boutique needs a coordinator for the kitchen. We need someone to be the point of contact for all things related to the kitchen over the weekend of December 1st, 2nd and 3rd::
*Set the menu (we have samples from previous years)
*Coordinate with volunteers to cook and drop off menu items
*Determine a list of foods and items needed, for sign up genius (we have last year’s)
*Shop for food and other items the week before, using donations and gift cards
*Set up the kitchen with table cloths, decorations, crock pots, etc. on Friday before 4pm
*Coordinate Spaghetti dinner on Friday
*Ensure the kitchen is open/closed and cleaned each day
*Run for extra supplies if needed over the weekend (we will have gift cards/etc. for that)
You do NOT have to be here every minute all weekend! You can be available for opening and
closing and “on call” if anything comes up. And, this is a great way to earn all of your angel
points. Please consider helping us out. Cindy Markovcy and Zelenda Hodgskin can’t run the kitchen
while also running the Boutique! Thank you!
- Kindergarten orientation will be held on Monday, August 21st from 10:00 am to 11:30 am. A parent and kindergartener should plan to attend. (No siblings please).
- There are some extra yearbooks for sale in the school office. If you are interested in purchase a yearbook please come Tuesday or Thursday from 9:00 – 1:00 pm. Use back door of school.
- Tuition aid will not be determined for a few weeks.
- It’s a little early to be thinking about this but Tricky Tray will need someone to take Jacki Vreeland’s place next year. Mrs. Vreeland said she will be available to help the person get started.
- We are looking for someone to take over the recording of Angel Points. Our recorder, Ms. Barwick, no longer has a child in our school. She said she will help the new person get started. This is an ideal way for someone who works full time to earn points at home. Call school or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be able to purchase gift cards from the box from 9:00 to 10:00 am and Tuesdays. To purchase online certificates, use Presto Pay.
- Sacred Heart School would greatly appreciate any donations of copy paper. Please bring copy paper donations during school office summer hours. Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Please use back door of school. Thank you….
- If you have not paid the 2017-18 Mandatory School Supply fee please see attachment. All fees for supplies must be paid by August 8th, 2017. You may bring your payment into the school office on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 9-1 or mail a check to Sacred Heart School, 115 Washington St., Bath, PA 18014. Make check payable to Sacred Heart School.
- SUMMER VACATION TIME !!!!!!!! We have our walking shoes on and are ready to go, so please send your vacation post cards to Sacred Heart School, 115 Washington St., Bath, PA 18014
- Mandatory School Supply List
- Grades K-4 Required Supply List
- Grades 5-8 Required Supply List
- School Supply Coupon
- Meet the Teacher