Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 7.19.17
July 19, 2017
- The month of June is set apart for devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The devotion consists in the divine worship of the human heart of Christ, which is united to His divinity and which is a symbol of His love for us. The aim of the devotion is to make our Lord king over our hearts by prompting them to return love to Him (especially through an act of consecration by which we offer to the Heart of Jesus both ourselves and all that belongs to us) and to make reparation for our ingratitude to God.
MEMORARE TO THE SACRED HEART Remember, O most sweet Jesus, that no one who has had recourse to Thy Sacred Heart, implored its help, or sought it mercy was ever abandoned. Encouraged with confidence, O tenderest of hearts, we present ourselves before Thee, crushes beneath the weight of our sins. In our misery, O Sacred Heart of Jesus, despise not our simple prayers, but mercifully grant our requests. Amen.
- The Christmas Boutique needs a coordinator for the kitchen. We need someone to be the point of contact for all things related to the kitchen over the weekend of December 1st, 2nd and 3rd::
*Set the menu (we have samples from previous years)
*Coordinate with volunteers to cook and drop off menu items
*Determine a list of foods and items needed, for sign up genius (we have last year’s)
*Shop for food and other items the week before, using donations and gift cards
*Set up the kitchen with table cloths, decorations, crock pots, etc. on Friday before 4pm
*Coordinate Spaghetti dinner on Friday
*Ensure the kitchen is open/closed and cleaned each day
*Run for extra supplies if needed over the weekend (we will have gift cards/etc. for that)
You do NOT have to be here every minute all weekend! You can be available for opening and
closing and “on call” if anything comes up. And, this is a great way to earn all of your angel
points. Please consider helping us out. Cindy Markovcy and Zelenda Hodgskin can’t run the kitchen
while also running the Boutique! Thank you!
- If you have not paid the 2017-18 Mandatory School Supply fee please see attachment. All fees for supplies must be paid by August 8th, 2017. You may bring your payment into the school office on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 9-1 or mail a check to Sacred Heart School, 115 Washington St., Bath, PA 18014. Make check payable to Sacred Heart School.
- There are some extra yearbooks for sale in the school office. If you are interested in purchase a yearbook please come Tuesday or Thursday from 9:00 – 1:00 pm. Use back door of school.
- Tuition aid will not be determined for a few weeks.
- It’s a little early to be thinking about this but Tricky Tray will need someone to take Jacki Vreeland’s place next year. Mrs. Vreeland said she will be available to help the person get started.
- We are looking for someone to take over the recording of Angel Points. Our recorder, Ms. Barwick, no longer has a child in our school. She said she will help the new person get started. This is an ideal way for someone who works full time to earn points at home. Call school or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be able to purchase gift cards from the box from 10:00 to 11:00 am and 1:00 to 2:00 pm on Tuesdays. To purchase online certificates, use Presto Pay.
- Well, we started our trip in a country far from here. It was a long trip but one worth taking. We went to Krasnodar, Russia. Yes, Russia… The city of Krasnodar is located near the Black Sea. What a wonderful trip we had. When we returned to the USA we traveled to Lake George in the Adirondack Mountains of NY were we did some fishing and boating. Next we went to the best place for chocolate. Of course, that would be in Hershey PA. From there we traveled to Camden, NJ to the aquarium where we saw all kinds of animals like penguins, sharks, hippos and we even touched sting rays. After all that excitement we ended up at Disney. You can be sure we had lots of fun there with Mickey. We went up and down the eastern coast line. Can’t wait to see where else we are going . Keep them coming.
- SUMMER VACATION TIME !!!!!!!! We have our walking shoes on and are ready to go, so please send your vacation post cards to Sacred Heart School, 115 Washington St., Bath, PA 18014
- School Office Summer hours will be Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. During summer hours please enter through the back school door.