Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 7.11.17
July 11, 2017
- The month of June is set apart for devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The devotion consists in the divine worship of the human heart of Christ, which is united to His divinity and which is a symbol of His love for us. The aim of the devotion is to make our Lord king over our hearts by prompting them to return love to Him (especially through an act of consecration by which we offer to the Heart of Jesus both ourselves and all that belongs to us) and to make reparation for our ingratitude to God.MEMORARE TO THE SACRED HEART Remember, O most sweet Jesus, that no one who has had recourse to Thy Sacred Heart, implored its help, or sought it mercy was ever abandoned. Encouraged with confidence, O tenderest of hearts, we present ourselves before Thee, crushes beneath the weight of our sins. In our misery, O Sacred Heart of Jesus, despise not our simple prayers, but mercifully grant our requests. Amen.
- The Christmas Boutique needs a coordinator for the kitchen. We need someone to be the point of contact for all things related to the kitchen over the weekend of December 1st, 2nd and 3rd::
*Set the menu (we have samples from previous years)
*Coordinate with volunteers to cook and drop off menu items
*Determine a list of foods and items needed, for sign up genius (we have last year’s)
*Shop for food and other items the week before, using donations and gift cards
*Set up the kitchen with table cloths, decorations, crock pots, etc. on Friday before 4pm
*Coordinate Spaghetti dinner on Friday
*Ensure the kitchen is open/closed and cleaned each day
*Run for extra supplies if needed over the weekend (we will have gift cards/etc. for that)
You do NOT have to be here every minute all weekend! You can be available for opening and
closing and “on call” if anything comes up. And, this is a great way to earn all of your angel
points. Please consider helping us out. Cindy Markovcy and Zelenda Hodgskin can’t run the kitchen
while also running the Boutique! Thank you!
- If you have not paid the 2017-18 Mandatory School Supply fee please see attachment. All fees for supplies must be paid by August 8th, 2017. You may bring your payment into the school office on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 9-1 or mail a check to Sacred Heart School, 115 Washington St., Bath, PA 18014. Make check payable to Sacred Heart School.
- There are some extra yearbooks for sale in the school office. If you are interested in purchase a yearbook please come Tuesday or Thursday from 9:00 – 1:00 pm. Use back door of school.
- Donated school uniforms will be available for pick-up during the church picnic, July 14th, 15th and 16th.
- Tuition aid will probably not be determined for a few weeks.
- It’s a little early to be thinking about this but Tricky Tray will need someone to take Jacki Vreeland’s place next year. Mrs. Vreeland said she will be available to help the person get started.
- We are looking for someone to take over the recording of Angel Points. Our recorder, Ms. Barwick, no longer has a child in our school. She said she will help the new person get started. This is an ideal way for someone who works full time to earn points at home. Call school or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There will be a tricky tray area at the church picnic. Mrs. Muschlitz is running it and is in need of items and baskets. You can drop off donations at the Church Office the weeks of June 26thand July 3rd (office is closed July 4th, and July 10th and 11th from 8:00 to 12:00 pm and 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
- You will be able to purchase gift cards from the box from 10:00 to 11:00 am and 1:00 to 2:00 pm on Tuesdays. To purchase online certificates, use Presto Pay.
- Becahi engineering team just finished competing in the TSA/TEAMS National Competition in Orlando, FL. They took second place in the build/design event and first place overall across the three events! Congratulations!
- Hi everyone in PA. We are in California today walking around Oceanside Harbor what a beautiful sunset over the Pacific ocean. Time to leave and head to Colorado and Canyonlands National Park in Utah. We heard that someone went hiking and rafting and had lots of fun. It sounds very exciting. Our next stop was to Union Station in Washington DC. We learned a lot and had a great time. From there we went to camp at Little Silver Lake in Hope, N.J. They keep us very busy at camp with activities and we are having a great time doing them. WOW these were busy weeks. Keep up the great job of post cards. Can’t wait to see were we go next.
- SUMMER VACATION TIME !!!!!!!! We have our walking shoes on and are ready to go, so please send your vacation post cards to Sacred Heart School, 115 Washington St., Bath, PA 18014
- School Office Summer hours will be Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. During summer hours please enter through the back school door.