Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 6.7.17
June 7, 2017
- The month of June is set apart for devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The devotion consists in the divine worship of the human heart of Christ, which is united to His divinity and which is a symbol of His love for us. The aim of the devotion is to make our Lord king over our hearts by prompting them to return love to Him (especially through an act of consecration by which we offer to the Heart of Jesus both ourselves and all that belongs to us) and to make reparation for our ingratitude to God.
MEMORARE TO THE SACRED HEART Remember, O most sweet Jesus, that no one who has had recourse to Thy Sacred Heart, implored its help, or sought it mercy was ever abandoned. Encouraged with confidence, O tenderest of hearts, we present ourselves before Thee, crushes beneath the weight of our sins. In our misery, O Sacred Heart of Jesus, despise not our simple prayers, but mercifully grant our requests. Amen.
- Thank you to everyone for your well wishes. I leave Sacred Heart School with a heavy heart. Sometimes family comes first so that is where I am needed at this time. I will be in school throughout the summer, helping the school to get ready for a great start next year. Feel free to contact me with questions, etc. God bless you all! Mrs. Gabryluk
- We will have extended care the last day of school Thursday, June 8th from 10:00 to Noon. June extended care bills will need to be paid in cash on a daily basis at the end of each day.
- Thank you to HSA for the hot dog lunches. The students had hardy appetites. Heather Hamadyk, Rachel Longenbach, Eileen Muschlitz and Denise Webb are to be commended for helping with yesterday’s lunch.
- Congratulations to Amanda Deutsch and Xavier Shive-Sanchez for receiving their Black Belts in karate. Way to go.
- It’s a little early to be thinking about this but, the Christmas Boutique will need someone to coordinate the kitchen. This person does not have to be in the kitchen all the time but needs to set up schedules, menu, etc.
- It’s a little early to be thinking about this but Tricky Tray will need someone to take Jacki Vreeland’s place next year. Mrs. Vreeland said she will be available to help the person get started.
- You will be able to purchase gift cards from the box from 10:00 to 11:00 am and 1:00 to 2:00 pm on Tuesdays. To purchase online certificates, use Presto Pay.
- June 8th—10:00 am Dismissal (All Grades), 8th graders are exempt from school, 8th grade graduation 6:00 pm
- Please send in any uniforms your children have outgrown. Watch for information about when donated uniforms can be picked up during the summer.
- It is getting to be that time of year. Remember to send in your vacation or stay at home post cards. We can’t wait to travel with all of you or just let us know all the things you are doing at home. All post cards or pictures are welcomed…… Our sneakers and hiking boots are ready to go.
- School Office Summer hours will be Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm starting on June 12th. During summer hours please enter through the back school door.
- 2017-18 School Calendar