Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 6.28.17
June 28, 2017
- The month of June is set apart for devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The devotion consists in the divine worship of the human heart of Christ, which is united to His divinity and which is a symbol of His love for us. The aim of the devotion is to make our Lord king over our hearts by prompting them to return love to Him (especially through an act of consecration by which we offer to the Heart of Jesus both ourselves and all that belongs to us) and to make reparation for our ingratitude to God.MEMORARE TO THE SACRED HEART Remember, O most sweet Jesus, that no one who has had recourse to Thy Sacred Heart, implored its help, or sought it mercy was ever abandoned. Encouraged with confidence, O tenderest of hearts, we present ourselves before Thee, crushes beneath the weight of our sins. In our misery, O Sacred Heart of Jesus, despise not our simple prayers, but mercifully grant our requests. Amen.
- The Christmas Boutique needs a coordinator for the kitchen. We need someone to be the point of contact for all things related to the kitchen over the weekend of December 1st, 2nd and 3rd::
*Set the menu (we have samples from previous years)
*Coordinate with volunteers to cook and drop off menu items
*Determine a list of foods and items needed, for sign up genius (we have last year’s)
*Shop for food and other items the week before, using donations and gift cards
*Set up the kitchen with table cloths, decorations, crock pots, etc. on Friday before 4pm
*Coordinate Spaghetti dinner on Friday
*Ensure the kitchen is open/closed and cleaned each day
*Run for extra supplies if needed over the weekend (we will have gift cards/etc. for that)
You do NOT have to be here every minute all weekend! You can be available for opening and
closing and “on call” if anything comes up. And, this is a great way to earn all of your angel
points. Please consider helping us out. Cindy Markovcy and Zelenda Hodgskin can’t run the kitchen
while also running the Boutique! Thank you!
- Donated school uniforms will be available for pick-up during the church picnic, July 14th, 15th and 16th.
- Lost and Found in the school office: An orange Igloo water cooler was left behind on field day; two sets of keys, one says A+ teacher and the other has monkey charm; a pair of black ladies sunglasses.
- Sacred Heart School collected $200 to give as a gift to Monsignor Nave in honor of his 25th anniversary as a priest. He will receive his gift at his June 25th celebration. Thank you
- Tuition aid will probably not be determined for a few weeks.
- It’s a little early to be thinking about this but Tricky Tray will need someone to take Jacki Vreeland’s place next year. Mrs. Vreeland said she will be available to help the person get started.
- We are looking for someone to take over the recording of Angel Points. Our recorder, Ms. Barwick, no longer has a child in our school. She said she will help the new person get started. This is an ideal way for someone who works full time to earn points at home. Call school or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There will not be any pie emails June 28th and July 5th.
- The school office will be closed the week July 3rd.
- There will be a tricky tray area at the church picnic. Mrs. Muschlitz is running it and is in need of items and baskets. You can drop off donations at the Church Office the weeks of June 26th and July 3rd (office is closed July 4th, and July 10th and 11th from 8:00 to 12:00 pm and 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
- You will be able to purchase gift cards from the box from 10:00 to 11:00 am and 1:00 to 2:00 pm on Tuesdays. To purchase online certificates, use Presto Pay.
- Guess What???? We received our first post cards today. Our first trip was to Colorado and we meet up with a big moose in the beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park, From there we saw the double rock arches at the Arches National Park in Utah. It was pretty hot in Utah…. So we decided to go to Lewes Delaware and Ocean City NJ. The dolphins were jumping out of the ocean and we walked the boardwalk and took a ferry ride. The picture in the back of the post card was just as nice as the front. What a way to start our 2017 adventures… Can’t wait to see where we are heading next.
- SUMMER VACATION TIME !!!!!!!! . Our bags are packed and ready to go, so please send your vacation post cards to Sacred Heart School, 115 Washington St., Bath, PA 18014
- School Office Summer hours will be Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. During summer hours please enter through the back school door.
- School Calendar
- July Calendar