Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 5.17.17
May 17, 2017
- The month of May is dedicated to Our Blessed Lady, the Queen of Heaven. During May we will dedicate our prayers for our Sacred Heart Staff.
Prayer to the Blessed Mother
O most blessed Virgin Mary! Holy Mother of God! Glorious Queen of heaven and
earth! Powerful protectress of those who love thee, and unfailing advocate of all
who invoke thee! Look down, I beseech thee, from thy throne of glory on thy
devoted child; accept the solemn offering I present thee of this month, specially
dedicated to thee, and receive my ardent, humble desire, that by my love and
fervor I could worthily honor thee, who, next to God, art deserving of all honor. Amen
- We are wishing the following teachers the best of luck as they go forward in their next phases of life: Ms. Kayla Mosser, kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Regina Mayberry, first grade teacher and Mrs. Michelle Lawrence, middle school science and reading teacher. We have been so blessed to have had such wonderful teachers at Sacred Heart School. They will certainly be missed. Our three outgoing teachers will be available throughout the summer as resources to our new teachers.
- Yearbooks will not be in before the end of the school year. Yearbooks will be able to be picked up Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- We are extending the Spirit Wear Sale until Monday, May 22.
- DARE Program in the school auditorium on Friday, May 26 at 2:00 pm. Parents are invited.
- CYO FALL SOCCER: Signups have begun for Fall Soccer. Last year our Soccer program kicked off with huge interest and many children of our Parish signing up for our two teams. We are looking forward to this season and joining two competitive leagues to showcase our teams many talents. Please see the registration forms attached. Registration deadline is June 12th. Practices will begin at the end of August. Like last year we will be using our Sacred Heart Athletic Fields. For any questions or more info please don’t hesitate to reach out to our CYO Director, Frank Hesch at firstname.lastname@example.org or any one of our Soccer Team leaders….. Soccer Commissioner, Zelenda Hodgskin at email@example.com Coach, Bruce Talipan at firstname.lastname@example.org Coach, John Vallance at email@example.com Coach, Scott Grover at firstname.lastname@example.org Frank Hesch III CYO Director, Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish, 117 Washington Street, Bath, PA 18014-1625, Office: 610.837.7874, Cell: 610.462.0697 Email: email@example.com Please see attachments listed below for the CYO forms.
- May 18 – Grade 4 – State Fair
- May 19 – Miraculous Medal Induction Entire School – after 8:30 am Mass
- May 19 – Noon Dismissal
- May 23 – Dress Down Day for Monsignor’s gift in honor of his 25th Anniversary as a priest.
- May 24 – Grades 4 & 5 Little Gap Nature Center
- May 26 — Preschool Graduation 10:30 am
- May 26 – DARE Program at 2:00 PM
- May 29 – School Closed – Memorial Day
- May 30, 31, June 1, 2 – Final Exams
- June 2 – Grades K, 1, 2 Picnic
- June 5 – Grades 3,4,5 Picnic
- June 6th – Field Day
- June 7th—Kindergarten Graduation10:00 am and noon dismissal
- June 8th—10:00 am Dismissal (All Grades), 8th graders are exempt from school, 8th grade graduation 6:00 pm
- Check out your child’s artwork on Sacred Heart’s online Artsonia art gallery! Once you log in and give parent permission, you will have access to all of your child’s art work from this school year and previous years. You can invite friends and family to be part of your child’s fan club, where they can leave comments for your child (which a parent has to approve before comments are posted). We are at 67% – parents who are signed up, 34 students still need parent permission (176 art works are hidden pending parent activation). Also, you can create gifts through the Artsonia gift shop with your child’s artwork. This is a year found fundraiser for Sacred Heart’s art classes – 20% goes directly to SHS for art supplies and resources! The remainder of this year’s proceeds will go towards a projector screen and to replenish paint and paper supplies and sketchbooks. Thank you for your support!! And Thank You Mrs. Smith for helping to post all the artwork this year. We’re up to 620 art works posted this year. If you have any questions or need a new access code, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full payment for the Mandatory Fundraising Fee must be paid by May 31st and any balance due for Angel Points must be be paid by June 1st. Please check your balance on FACTS. All payments must go through FACTS.
- Pizza is not available for the rest of the school year.
- Summer Reading Skills Program
- Spirit Wear Order Form
- Cardiac Arrest Information
- CYO Girls Volleyball Sign Up
- CYO parental Guardian Permission Form
- Holy Family AAR Form
- Concussion Information
- Parents Pledge
- Participant’s Code of Conduct
- Spectator’s Code of Conduct
- Soccer Registration