Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 5.10.17
May 10, 2017
- The month of May is dedicated to Our Blessed Lady, the Queen of Heaven. During May we will dedicate our prayers for our Sacred Heart Staff.
Prayer to the Blessed Mother
O most blessed Virgin Mary! Holy Mother of God! Glorious Queen of heaven and
earth! Powerful protectress of those who love thee, and unfailing advocate of all
who invoke thee! Look down, I beseech thee, from thy throne of glory on thy
devoted child; accept the solemn offering I present thee of this month, specially
dedicated to thee, and receive my ardent, humble desire, that by my love and
fervor I could worthily honor thee, who, next to God, art deserving of all honor. Amen
- We are wishing the following teachers the best of luck as they go forward in their next phases of life: Ms. Kayla Mosser, kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Regina Mayberry, first grade teacher and Mrs. Michelle Lawrence, middle school science and reading teacher. We have been so blessed to have had such wonderful teachers at Sacred Heart School. They will certainly be missed. Our three outgoing teachers will be available throughout the summer as resources to our new teachers.
- The HSA would like to extend our thanks to the school parents and family who supported Night at the Races by either purchasing horses or helping out the night of the event. Your efforts for the school are greatly appreciated! Thanks Matt Dormarunno HSA, President Heather Hamadyk, Vice President and Ann Richards, Treasurer.
- Yearbooks will not be in before the end of the school year. Yearbooks will be able to be picked up Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Sacred Heart Church religious education program will recite the rosary on Wednesday, May 10 at 6:30 p.m. in front of the Fatima shrine at the side of the church. You and your children are welcome to join us for the rosary. We are all part of the same parish. If you come, please bring a rosary with you and park in the upper lot. If it rains, we will say the rosary in the church. If you have any questions, please contact Kristine Porter at 484-553-8962.
- This Friday, May 12th, will be the last day we will be serving pizza. We will return any extra pizza money.
- Check out your child’s artwork on Sacred Heart’s online Artsonia art gallery! Once you log in and give parent permission, you will have access to all of your child’s art work from this school year and previous years. You can invite friends and family to be part of your child’s fan club, where they can leave comments for your child (which a parent has to approve before comments are posted). We are at 67% – parents who are signed up, 34 students still need parent permission (176 art works are hidden pending parent activation). Also, you can create gifts through the Artsonia gift shop with your child’s artwork. This is a year found fundraiser for Sacred Heart’s art classes – 20% goes directly to SHS for art supplies and resources! The remainder of this year’s proceeds will go towards a projector screen and to replenish paint and paper supplies and sketchbooks. Thank you for your support!! And Thank You Mrs. Smith for helping to post all the artwork this year. We’re up to 620 art works posted this year. If you have any questions or need a new access code, please contact me at email@example.com.
- CYO GIRLS VALLEYBALL SIGNUPS: Girls Volleyball signups begin this weekend. Sacred Heart will once again be joining Holy Family. We have a great relationship with Holy Family and last season our combined team did a stellar job! Attached is an information flyer from Holy Family with a link to registration forms. The staff at Holy Family is aware of us passing along this information to you. We just ask if you do register directly through Holy Family to write on your registration form that your child is a member or student of Sacred Heart Parish. If you are unable to make it to the Holy Family registration this weekend please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Girls Volleyball Commissioner, Tricia Tatum at firstname.lastname@example.org or our CYO Director, Frank Hesch at email@example.com so that they can help you get registered.
- The Bethlehem Catholic Field hockey team will be hosting a youth field hockey clinic for girls in grades 5-8 on Saturday, May 13th from 9-11 AM on the turf at Bethlehem Catholic High School. There is no cost to attend. Sneakers, appropriate athletic attire, and a mouth guard are required. Sticks, shin guards, face protection, etc. will be available to use, but you are more than welcome to bring your own. Please email Coach Wilde at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on attending, or have any other questions or concerns.”
- Get your Spirit Wear for Summer! Orders due Friday May 12. Order form attached or click link below. http://sacred-heart-school.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Spirit-Wear-Order-Form-Spring-2017-copy.pdf
- May 11th – Pizza Party. K and 8 grades Box Top winners
- May 16th – Panoramic Picture – 1:00 pm
- May 17th – Grades 6, 7 & 8 field trip to Harrisburg
- May 19th – Miraculous Medal Induction Entire School – after 8:30 am Mass
- May 19th – Noon Dismissal
- May 23 – Dress Down Day for Monsignor’s gift in honor of his 25th Anniversary as a priest.
- May 26th – Preschool Graduation 10:30 am
- May 29th – School Closed – Memorial Day
- May 30, 31, June 1, 2 Final Exams
- June 7th—Kindergarten Graduation10:00 am and noon dismissal
- June 8th—10:00 am dismissal, 8th graders are exempt from school, 8th grade graduation 6:00 pm
- Full payment for the Mandatory Fundraising Fee must be paid by May 31st and any balance due for Angel Points must be be paid by June 1st. Please check your balance on FACTS. All payments must go through FACTS.
- Annual Field Day Forms
- Spirit Wear Order Forms
- Dress Down Day
- Letter from Mrs. Gabryluk
- Spirit Wear Order Form
- Catholic School Night @ Iron Pigs
- HSA Scholarship
- Holy Family Volleyball