Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 2.21.18
February 21, 2018
- Loving God,
During the sacred season of Lent, bring me closer to you. Prepare a place in my heart for silence
and solitude, so that I may re-discover the grace of a prayer-full life. Help me to fast from those
things that threaten the well-being of body and soul and remind me of the grace of simplicity. May
this season be a grace-filled time to rekindle my love for and faith in you. Amen.
- Mad Science Programs starts on Monday, February 26th. If you signed up for Mad Science the program dates are February 26th, March 5th, March 19th and April 9th.
- Mark your calendars! Sacred heart will be hosting a restaurant night at Buffalo Wild Wings on Monday, March 19th. Dine anytime on that day and 10% of your bill will be donated back to our school to support our 4th and 5th grade field trip to Philadelphia. Look for a flyer in the coming weeks.
- Please join us in prayer at Stations of the Cross on Wednesdays at 1:00 pm in the Church. A Special Living Stations will be held on March 21st at 1:00 pm.
- We will be selling Lottery Calendars after all Masses this weekend. If you can help, please email email@example.com.
- Please send into the school office your baby bottles for the Mary Shelter by February 28th. You can also send in any empty bottles.
- There will be NO PIZZA on March 2nd due to a Noon Dismissal.
- HSA is having their annual Lenten Pizza and Hoagie sale. Simply send in form and money to school in an envelope marked Pizza/Hoagies sale. The classroom with the largest # of coupons will receive a Pizza Party at lunch.
- Have you sent in your Tricky Tray basket? We are looking for donations to be added to our prizes for our Tricky Tray event. A few of the amazing donations that we have already received are a sports basket, gift card donations, Philadelphia Eagles basket, and a garden basket. Please consider sending in items toward a basket. If you are not very crafty, we have special basketeers that will take your donated items and pretty them up in a basket. We thank you for all your help in making this our best Tricky Tray yet.
- Tricky Tray Preorder of Blue tickets were sent home. If you are buying for multiple children in your family, please list names, and how many tickets each child will receive. The last day for preorder will be March 6th. If you need an order form please see attachment below.
- It’s that time of year again! We are gearing up for the annual Tricky Tray for Sacred Heart. Please mark your calendars for March 10th & 11th, 2018. We are in need of volunteers, prize donations and food / beverage donations. Here are the sign-ups for volunteers and food / beverage donation requests.
Tricky Tray Volunteers
Tricky Tray Food and Beverage Donation Request
- During this school year, Sacred Heart School is in the process of self-study for accreditation. Below is a link for you to participate in to share your input and highlight on amazing things about Sacred Heart School. Thank you for taking the time to participate!
Parent Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZTKCZLS
Student Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZWNDCTH
- Extended care fees will be $6.00 per hour beginning February 1.
- Important Dates coming up: Due to several snow days, we WILL have school on Tuesday, February 20, 2018. There is a Noon Dismissal on Friday, March 2nd. COGAT Testing for grades 3, 5,7 are week of March 5th. IOWA testing for grades 2-7 are the week of March 19th.
- March Lottery Calendar
- Parent Safety Letter
- NASP Letter
- Tricky Tray Pre-Ticket Order Form
- HSA Pizza/Hoagie Order Forms