Sacred Heart School News
Wednesday PIE 10.25.17
October 25, 2017
- Our Saint of the Week is Saint Pope John Paul II whose feast day is October 22.
“What really matters in life is that we are loved by Christ and
that we love Him in return. In comparison to the love of Jesus,
everything else is secondary. And, without the love of Jesus,
everything is useless.” -Saint Pope John Paul II
- To all Parents and Teachers: In Compliance with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) an inspection for asbestos containing building materials was performed at each school with-in the Diocese of Allentown. A copy of the inspection reports are on file in each school Administration Office for your review anytime during normal school hours. In the event you have any questions, please contact the school’s Principal or the Diocese Asbestos Coordinator.
- TONIGHT **ANGEL POINTS**We are in need of volunteers to help us stuff envelopes for our Annual Appeal. We will be meeting on Wednesday, October 25th at 5:30 in the auditorium. Please help in this event which supports our students.
- Conferences are scheduled for Thursday, October 26 and Friday, October 27, which will be Noon Dismissals. Childcare will be available in the school auditorium during conference times. The cost will be $1.25 per quarter hour.
- An envelope was sent home today in the PIE folder with instruction on how to log into the new Option C system to see grades and academic progress of your children. Last year we used the Ascend program but we were notified that the company was dissolved and it was recommended to us to use the Option C program. Option C is a great way for parents to keep up with vital information about the progress of their children. Please go onto the website and check it out.
- As the cooler weather is here, student must wear Sacred Heart sweaters on regular uniform days and Sacred Heart sweatshirts for gym days. It is winter uniform time. Please see attachment below.
- Like us on our Sacred Heart School, Bath, PA Facebook page and get up-to-date information, events, and classroom activities daily.
- Mrs. Rema Perun our gym teacher has given her notice. She will teach gym until the end of October. If you know anyone who would be interested in a part time position and has all his or her clearances, please contact Mrs. Thomas. We will have coverage for the first few days in November too.
- **It’s that time of year again! Please join us for the 5th Annual Christmas boutique – we need lots of volunteers to make this event happen AND you can earn Angel Points for your family. Please click this link to sign up for volunteer shifts for set up and clean up, the Kitchen, Cookie bar, sales Floor and cashier duty. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094da5ad28a3f94-shschristmas1 Please remember, no children will be allowed to be with you when you work your shift(s). **
- The HSA would like to thank those who volunteered their time and contributed to make our annual SHS Campfire a success! Students, staff, and families alike enjoyed the evening. If you have not already done so, the HSA would like to invite you to join and help us bring more events like the Campfire to the school community! For our scheduled calendar of events and other information on the HSA, please visit our website at https://sacredhearthsa.weebly.com.
- To join the HSA, simply complete the attached form and send it in to school or drop it off at the school office with your one-time dues payment of $5 per family. We look forward to a great school year!
- There will be no pizza orders for Friday, October 27 due to the Noon Dismissal. The next pizza day will be Friday, November 3rd.
- Option C Login Information
- Pizza Order Forms
- Pizza Form
- Dress Code
- Gym Dress Code
- HSA Dues